Sunday, July 4, 2010

Getting our 4th of July run on...

Oh, the annual Murray 5k run...last year (2009) I was training for Ragnar, this year, I was just coming off having a baby...wow what a difference a year makes, and a few extra lbs...yikes!  Well, I finished, just with a lot more color in my face and the feeling I might puke, but I finished.  The highlight this year was watching my kids join in for the kids fun run...and might I toot their horn just a hair and say they killed it!  Alec and Ava both rocked their divisions.  I knew Alec had it in him, but Ava came out of no where...at the end of her race she totally did the look over the shoulder to see this girl gaining on her...she wasn't having that, she kicked it in high gear and took the finish line!  You go girl...loved it!


 Alec and his cousin Bowen before the big race...

The Gang...smaller in numbers this year, one of my brothers, I won't name names, said after I beat him last year, he would never do it again...bring it!
 Ava and cousin Bryn...darling as always!

My little Alski putting his best foot forward.

 Ava...after the finish line...look at those red cheeks!

 Ella and Gracie...don't know that we will ever see these two princesses in a race...unless it's to the barbie house!

 Grandma Johnsen provides us all with an amazing brunch after the race...wish I had pictures of it, but I was to busy devouring it.

 We ended the evening up North in our neck of the woods...might I say we having a stunning sunset from our yard.
 The girls...

Fireworks put on my Eagleridge golf course...God Bless America...land that I love!

No comments: