Zachary and I had the opportunity to do a race in Washington State last month with some good friends. We stayed with a friend whose parents have a home on Whidbey Island and he put together a team to run the Northwest Passage relay race. I had no idea what a treat I was in for...an absolutely breath taking island full of huge green trees and the ocean...the ocean makes everything better. We had such a wonderful time relaxing for the first few days taking in all the beautiful scenery and just chilling before we had to go run our guts out and not sleep for over 24 hours. Let me just say as far as running goes...I need to move closer to the ocean...oh the difference!

The running gang, Tim and Jamie Short, Jason and Katie Roberts and me and Zach.

The "baton" pass...this was really fun for Zachary and I to be able to pass off to each other...some good bum slaps!

A good scenic moment...which were plenty!

Jamie...literally getting hosed by a tattooed covered man. This was no spritz, it was a full on shower...thanks for the good laugh Jamie!

Seriously...the beauty was priceless! It helped distract from the mountains that wouldn't stop!

I always have to capture my favorite slogans from these races, and this one totally took the cake...the back said "Honk if you love buns"
4 comments:
Meg! That is awesome! I love the pic of you running UP the mountain. You should frame it. Reminds me of watching you sprint to the top of the hill in St. George. Your an inspiration to me!!
Wow! Seeing your pictures ALMOST makes me want to do that! You guys are awesome! Maybe, outloud I tell you how crazy you are, but I just want you to know that in my mind, I'm totally amazed...VERY cool!!
You are a running machine! Love the pictures. Makes me miss living in Seattle. I am glad you had a good time!!
Nice! I am so impressed with you guys and your races this year. Good thing I had an excuse of being prego this year because that looks hard. However, hanging in Washington would have been fun...next time?
Post a Comment